Monday, March 17, 2008

Profound At Age 5

No, not me, but this little girl is. At the coffee shop I like to write at, they have revolving art showings by local artists. The latest art on the wall includes some collage work done by grade school kids. On one of the collages, these phrases were torn out of a book (These are as they appear on the collage):

"ed Pooh.
go after honey.
to let the bees
have a green
-e only part of
you have a blue
-re only part of
the question is:

it behind,
at all; and
blue one

And, as I say.
There was
tree, so there
could smell
the honey.

"Hooray!"
"Isn't that
to you. "Wha-
"You look
you said.
"Not," said
black cloud in
"Not very
"Ah, well,

God, when I was 5, I was trying to figure out how to pimp my big wheel.

1 comment:

YiQi C. said...

I hope this isn't a double post...

I like the poem. Reminds me of a sleep-deprived EE Cummings mixed with Emily Dickinson.